Ancho Chicken Tacos with Avocado-Cilantro Slaw
- 1 ½ tsp ancho chile powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Dash crushed red pepper (optional)
- ½ tsp + a pinch of coarse salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- Zest and juice of 2 medium limes
- ½ cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1 ripe peeled avocado, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 4-5 Tbsp cold water
- 2 cups packaged cole slaw
- ½ cup green onions, sliced
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine chile powder, garlic powder, cumin, crushed red pepper (if using) and ½ tsp salt in a small bowl. Place chicken breast on a coated baking sheet and sprinkle evenly with spice mixture. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Remove from oven and let sit 5-10 minutes, covered with foil. After chicken has rested, slice in thin strips.
- While chicken cooks, combine lime zest and juice, Greek yogurt, avocado, cilantro, sugar and a pinch of salt in a blender and process, adding water as needed, until smooth.
- Mix half of the avocado cream with the slaw, green onions, cilantro in a medium bowl, tossing to coat. Set aside the remaining avocado cream.
- Toast corn tortillas in a dry, hot pan or on a flat top on each side for about 30 seconds (optional). Divide the chicken strips on to each corn tortillas. Top with slaw and drizzle with remaining avocado cream. Serve.