3-D Virtual Colonoscopy
Virtual colonoscopy or CT colonography at UW Health offers patients another choice for colorectal cancer screening that is both less invasive and less time-consuming than the conventional screening method.
Virtual colonoscopy uses CT scan technology and the only FDA-approved 3-D evaluation software, which allows radiologists to obtain 3-D images from different angles, providing a "movie" of the interior of the colon without having to insert a scope into the colon.
A virtual colonoscopy can show the whole picture, providing precise and detailed images of the colon's interior, in a minimally-invasive manner. Learn More
About Virtual Colonoscopy
- Benefits of Virtual Colonoscopy
- Who Is a Candidate for Virtual Colonoscopy?
- Preparing for Virtual Colonoscopy
- Virtual Colonoscopy Provider Sheet (pdf)
- Virtual Colonoscopy Images
In the News
- Virtual Colonoscopy Screening Uncovers Silent Killer
- CT Scans Gain Favor as Option for Colonoscopy (Wall Street Journal)
- Uncommon Practice: Research Says Virtual Colonoscopies are Just As Good (The Capital Times)
- Virtual Colonoscopy as Good as Regular Colonoscopy (MSNBC.com)
- UW Researcher: 3-D Virtual Colonoscopy More Sensitive Than Conventional Procedure
- UW Researcher Leads Groundbreaking Study of Colonoscopy Miss Rates
Locations for this Service
- 1 S. Park Clinic
- Digestive Health Center
- Research Park Clinic
- UW Health at The American Center
- University Hospital
Hess Memorial Hospital (Mauston)