Dr. Stowe's work focuses on improving treatment for women with neuropsychiatric illnesses and substance use disorders during pregnancy and improving the development of their children.
- Department of Psychiatry
Psychiatric Institute and Clinic
- 6001 Research Park Blvd. / Madison, WI
- (608) 232-3171
- Closed now
- View hours, services and more
Education & credentials
- University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
- Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC
- Emory University Affiliated Hospitals, Atlanta, GA
Research and publications
Dr. Stowe completed a research fellowship in psychopharmacology. His initial research included laboratory studies using in vivo, single-unit neuronal recording techniques to examine the impact of susbtance and neuropeptides on neuronal firing rates. He developed a broad clinical research program focusing on maternal mental health, treatment during pregnancy and breastfeeding, and the impact of maternal mental illness and psychotropic medication exposure on offspring development.