Road construction around University Hospital, American Family Children's Hospital and University Station Clinic may result in travel delays and route changes.Read more
Dr. Shields is interested in complex medical dermatology with a focus on neutrophilic (pyoderma gangrenosum, Sweet syndrome) and granulomatous dermatoses (sarcoidosis, granuloma annulare, necrobiosis lipoidica, reactive granulomatous dermatitis, cutaneous Crohn disease, necrobiotic xanthogranuloma), as well as autoimmune and connective tissue diseases.
Her research interests include elucidating the genetic and epigenetic pathways involved in granulomatous and neutrophilic conditions, improving the understanding of rare cutaneous conditions associated with gastrointestinal disorders and evaluating and refining the treatment modalities available for these disorders through epidemiological studies and quality of life research.
- Department of Dermatology
20 S. Park ClinicDermatology Clinic
- 20 S. Park St. / Madison, WI
- (608) 287-2888
- Closed now
- View hours, services and more
Education & credentials
- University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI
- Iowa Methodist Medical Center, Des Moines, IA