Pharmacy Residency in Internal Medicine: Meet Our Resident
The PGY2 Pharmacy Residency in Internal Medicine is designed to transition PGY1 Pharmacy resident graduates from a generalist to specialized practice focused on the care of adults with medical problems, primarily in the inpatient setting.
Meet Our Resident: Jessica Bugg
- PGY1: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Pharmacy School: University of Kentucky
- Residency Project: Implementation of an inpatient pharmacist-led smoking cessation intervention program
- Career Interests: Internal Medicine, Infectious Diseases, Critical Care
- Hobbies: Spending time with friends and family, reading, playing with my cat Charlie and University of Kentucky basketball
- Why UW? The culture and pharmacy practice at UW Health is unparalleled. Pharmacists at UW are completely immersed into practice and are valued by all. Additionally, all preceptors I met during my interview were incredibly kind and supportive of anything I wanted to accomplish during my PGY2. Completing an internal medicine residency at UW allows me to practice at a large academic medical center with an acute patient population. Lastly, being part of the program during its second year allows me the unique opportunity to impact the structure for future residents.
- Contact E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org