For Referring Providers
Outpatient surgery and procedures are the sole focus of the physicians and staff at Madison Surgery Center, allowing our surgeons more time to spend with their patients. We pride ourselves on utilizing our surgeons time well with efficient room turnovers. We also provide a comfortable staff lounge for use throughout the day. Our goal is to provide outstanding services to our customers, both patients and surgeons.
Types of Surgeries
Madison Surgery Center is a multi-specialty ambulatory surgery center and we currently service dermatology, general surgery, gynecology, otolaryngology, ophthalmology, orthopedic, plastics, podiatry, urology and vascular surgery. We provide services for physicians and patients with the expectation that the patient will be discharged the same day.
- Dermatology (skin)
- General surgery
- Hernia repair
- Cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal)
- Gynecology (female reproductive health)
- Otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat)
- Tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy
- Ophthalmology (eye)
- Cataract removal
- Orthopedic (bone and joint)
- Arthroscopy knee
- Carpal tunnel release
- Pain management (back injections for pain)
- Hip and knee
- Podiatry (foot and ankle)
- Hallux valgus repair (bunion)
- Vascular surgery (minor procedures including radiofrequency ablation)
- Patients must not have significant health problems or multiple comorbidities, which could jeopardize their care here.
- Patients must not have latex allergies (anaphylaxis).
- Routinely scheduled patients should not take or eat anything by mouth (NPO) after midnight the night before the procedure.
- Add-on patients requiring general anesthesia, sedatives or narcotics must not take or eat any solids by mouth (NPO) for eight hours and must not drink any clear liquids for three to four hours before the procedure.
Procedures for all Medicare patients must have a CPT code that is on the Medicare-approved list for freestanding ambulatory surgical centers.
Requesting Physician Interest Instructions and Credentials
If you are a licensed provider, please submit:
- A written request for surgical procedures and/or credentials to the attention of the Medical Director, Madison Surgery Center, 1 S. Park St. Third Floor, Madison, WI 53715
- Your current Curriculum Vitae with photocopies of your current Wisconsin State License and your Department of Drug Enforcement Authorization License.
- A summary of surgeries you would like to perform and when you would like OR time (Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 4pm).
Scheduling OR Time at Madison Surgery Center
- Physicians who have been granted privileges may contact the scheduling staff at (608) 287-2587 between 8:30am and 4pm
- If you are interested in becoming part of the Madison Surgery Center physician team, please submit your request in writing to the attention of the Medical Director or Administrative Director: Madison Surgery Center, 1 S. Park St. Third Floor, Madison, WI 53715