Madison Surgery Center (MSC) offers the information below to help patients prepare for their surgical procedures.
Have a question?
Call us at (608) 287-2200 or (800) 921-3444.
- Authorization for Release of Medical Information (pdf)
- Notice of Privacy Practices (pdf)
- Surgery Checklist (pdf)
Getting Ready for Surgery
- Madison Surgery Center staff will call you twice prior to your surgery - once seven days before your surgery to discuss important details and preparation, and once the day before, to confirm your surgery time and any other details.
- Call your doctor if you experience any changes in your health between your most recent visit to your physician and the day of your procedure, or if you suspect you are pregnant.
- On the day of your surgery, wear loose, comfortable clothes, and don't use makeup, contact lenses, and jewelry.
Before You Leave Home
- Do not eat or drink anything in the morning or take any medications unless you have been given specific instructions stating otherwise.
- Leave all your valuables at home
- Arrange for someone to drive you to and from the Madison Surgery Center
At Madison Surgery Center
- Come directly to the Madison Surgery Center reception desk on the third floor to check in
- "Correct patient” and “correct site” standards are followed. Several staff will ask you to identify yourself, verify the correct spelling of your name and state the planned procedure.
- Our staff goes to great lengths to make sure young surgery patients are comfortable and not scared, and at no time will pediatric patients be left alone.
After Your Surgery
- You will be discharged as soon as your doctor deems your ready to go home.
- Your doctor will provide instructions about diet, rest, exercise and medications.
- You should call your doctor if you experience excessive bleeding, pain that is not relieved by medication, fever over 100.0°F, painful, swollen, red incision sites, any drainage or bleeding from your incision, problems with nausea and vomiting, or problems urinating or emptying your bladder