Before You Leave Home
Madison Surgery Center patients should make sure to do the following prior to leaving home for their surgery:
- Do not eat or drink anything in the morning or take any medications unless you have been given specific instructions stating otherwise.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing that you can change easily and that will not bind to the site of your procedure.
- Please leave all valuables at home (wedding band, watch, earrings, body piercing jewelry).
- Please bring insurance identification cards as well as a photo ID.
- Please bring some money for medications you may need to purchase.
- Minors (under age 18) must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. If you are a legal guardian, please bring any/all documents for proof of guardianship or Power of Attorney.
- Children undergoing a procedure should bring their favorite blanket, stuffed animal or toy. Please bring an extra set of clothes (especially pants and underwear or diapers if applicable). A sippy cup or bottle may also be helpful for after the procedure along with formula or milk if applicable.
- Blanket and pillow for ride home.
Transportation and Assistance from a Responsible Adult
Please arrange for a responsible adult to drive you to and from Madison Surgery Center (MSC) and stay throughout your procedure. You cannot drive for the rest of the day after your surgical procedure. To protect you privacy, the person accompanying you should be someone with whom the physician can discuss your health and results of the procedure. You will need to arrange for a responsible adult to assist with the following:
- Drive you to and from MSC
- Be present throughout your stay at MSC
- Provide care for you for 24 hours or more after the surgical procedure.