UW Health Organ Procurement Organization Online Volunteer Program
If you are interested in promoting the life-saving mission of organ donation, the UW Health Organ Procurement Organization (OPO) invites you to join their volunteer team.
As you know, organ donation is truly the gift of life and it only takes the generosity of one organ donor to save the lives of as many as eight people. Unfortunately, there are now more than 109,000 transplant candidates on the waiting list and a new patient is added every 11 minutes.
That is why it is so important to continue to educate people about organ donation and Wisconsin's new online donor registry.
- Speaking to a community group
- Speaking to hospital staff
- Teaching driver's education class
- Staffing a display booth
- Joining the Dottie Donor Dot volunteer team as a Dottie mascot and/or mascot escort
- Working with our public affairs team to create news stories, website profiles, photo shoots and/or marketing materials
To make joining the volunteer team even easier, the OPO developed a new volunteer enrollment process. There are three steps to become a volunteer:
- Go to uwhealth.org/opovolunteer and fill out the volunteer interest form. The form will ask you for contact information and your preference regarding possible volunteer opportunities. After you submit the online form, an OPO representative will e-mail you a password to access the online training program.
- Log into the online volunteer training session, where you can view a series of slides to learn more about the OPO, review common questions about donation and learn more about proper volunteer etiquette. A brief quiz follows, to ensure you're ready to answer questions when working with the public.
- The OPO will send you a volunteer agreement form, which you will need to send back to the OPO. After they receive your agreement form, your name will be added to the volunteer database and you will begin to receive e-mails announcing volunteer opportunities.
The OPO team is looking forward to working with volunteers who are passionate about organ donation and wish to share their passion with others. If you have questions please contact Laura at email@example.com.