Pause to Give Life This April
At 10:08am on Monday, April 2, 85 hospitals across Wisconsin will have a simultaneous flag raising, followed by a 1 minute 14 second moment of silence.
The event, "Pause to Give Life," is sponsored by Donate Life Wisconsin (DLW) and will bring together dozens of organizations statewide that promote organ, tissue and eye donation. Many of those organizations already host their own flag raising ceremonies during Donate Life Month in April - this event just gives all of them an opportunity to do so together.
The flag raising is at 10:08 because every 10 minutes, another person is added to the organ transplant wait list, and a single organ donor can save eight lives. The moment of silence is 1 minute 14 seconds long to commemorate the 114,000 people who are on the national wait list for an organ transplant. DLW hopes to attract the attention of the media for the statewide event, thus increasing awareness of organ, tissue and eye donation and honoring organ, tissue and eye donors and their families.
Even if you are unable to attend a flag raising in your community, you are invited to "Pause to Give Life" at 10:08am on April 2. You’ll be joining thousands of other people across the state who are honoring organ, tissue and eye donors.
Participating Pause to Give Life Locations
The Donate Life flag will be raised at these locations on Monday, April 2 at 10:08am.
UW Health Locations
- American Family Children's Hospital, 1675 Highland Ave., Madison
- University Hospital, 600 N Highland Ave., Madison
- UW Health at The American Center, 4602 Eastpark Blvd.
- Ascension Mercy Oshkosh, 500 S. Oakwood Ave
- Ascension St. Elizabeth Hospital, 1506 S. Oneida Street, Appleton
- Ascension St. Francis Hospital, 3237 S. 16th St., Milwaukee
- Aspirus Antigo, 110 E. 5th Ave., Antigo
- Aspirus Medford, 143 S Gibson St., Medford
- Aspirus Riverview Hospital, 410 Dewey St., Wisconsin Rapids
- Aspirus Wausau Hospital, 333 Pine Ridge Blvd., Wausau
- Aurora Baycare Medical Center, 2845 Greenbrier Rd., Green Bay
- Aurora Lakeland Medical Center, W3985 County Rd NN, Elkhorn
- Aurora Medical Center Grafton, 975 Port Washington Rd.
- Aurora Medical Center Kenosha, 10400 75th St.
- Aurora Medical Center Manitowoc County, 5000 Memorial Drive, Two Rivers
- Aurora Medical Center Oshkosh, 855 N Westhaven Dr.
- Aurora Medical Center Summit, 36500 Aurora Drive
- Aurora Medical Center Washington County, 1032 E Sumner St., Hartford
- Aurora Memorial Hospital Burlington, 252 McHenry St.
- Aurora Sheboygan Memorial, 2629 N. 7th Street, Sheboygan
- Aurora Sinai, 945 N. 12th St., Milwaukee
- Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center, 2900 W. Oklahoma Ave., Milwaukee
- Aurora St. Luke’s South Shore, 5900 S Lake Dr., Cudahy
- Bay Area Medical Center, 310 Shore Dr., Marinette
- Beaver Dam Community Hospital, 707 South University Ave.
- Bellin Hospital, 744 S Webster Ave., Green Bay (Note: Pre-flag raising ceremony at 9:45a.)
- Bellin Oconto, 820 Arbutus Ave.
- Beloit Health System, 1969 W Hart Rd., Beloit
- Black River Falls Memorial Hospital, 711 W Adams St.
- Burnett Medical Center, 257 W St George Ave., Grantsburg
- Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, 8915 W. Connell Ave., Milwaukee
- Chippeway Valley Hospital, 1220 3rd Ave W., Durand
- Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center, 5000 W. National Ave., Milwaukee
- Columbia St. Mary’s – Milwaukee Hospital, 2301 N. Lake Dr.
- Columbus Community Hospital, 1515 Park Ave., Columbus
- Community Memorial Hospital, W180 N8085 Town Hall Rd., Menomonee Falls
- Crossing Rivers Health, 37868 US Highway 18, Prairie du Chien
- Divine Savior Hospital, 2817 New Pinery Rd., Portage
- Door County Medical Center, 323 S. 18th Avenue, Sturgeon Bay
- Edgerton Hospital & Health Services, 11101 N Sherman Rd.
- Froedtert Hospital, 9200 W. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee
- Froedtert South Kenosha Medical Center Campus, 6308 8th Ave., Kenosha
- Froedtert South St Catherine's Medical Center Campus, 9555 76th St., Pleasant Prairie
- Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center, 1900 South Ave, La Crosse
- Gundersen St. Joseph's, 400 Water Ave., Hillsboro
- HSHS Sacred Heart Hospital, 900 W Clairemont Ave., Eau Claire
- HSHS St. Clare Memorial Hospital, 855 S. Main St., Oconto Falls
- HSHS St. Mary’s Hospital Medical Center, 1726 Shawano Ave., Green Bay
- HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital, 3100 Superior Avenue, Sheboygan
- HSHS St. Vincent Hospital, 835 S Van Buren St., Green Bay
- Lions Eye Bank of Wisconsin, 2401 American Way, Madison
- Marshfield Medical Center, 611 St Joseph Ave.
- Mayo Clinic Health System-Eau Claire, 1400 Bellinger St., Eau Claire
- Mayo Clinic Health System-Franciscan Healthcare, 700 West Ave. South, La Crosse
- Mayo Clinic Health System-Oakridge, 3025 8th St., Osseo
- Mayo Clinic Health System-Sparta, 10 W. Main St.
- Mercy Janesville, 1000 Mineral Point Rd.
- Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital, 791 Summit Ave.
- Reedsburg Area Medical Center, 2000 N Dewey Ave.
- Ripon Medical Center, 845 Parkside St.
- Spooner Health, 1280 Chandler Dr.
- SSM St. Mary's Hospital Janesville, 3400 E Racine St.
- St. Agnes Hospital, 430 E Division St., Fond du Lac
- St. Joseph's Hospital West Bend, 3200 Pleasant Valley
- St. Mary's – Madison, 700 S. Park St.
- Stoughton Hospital, 900 Ridge St.
- The Monroe Clinic, 515 22nd Ave., Monroe
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Berlin, 225 Memorial Dr., Berlin
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center - Neenah, 130 Second St.
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton,1818 N Meade St.
- Tomah VA Hospital, 500 E. Veterans St.
- UnityPoint Health-Meriter, 202 South Park St., Madison
- Upland Hills Medical Center, 800 Compassion Way, Dodgeville
- Vernon Memorial Healthcare, 507 S Main St., Viroqua
- Watertown Regional Medical Center, 125 Hospital Dr.
- Waukesha Memorial Hospital, 725 American Ave.
- Waupun Memorial Hospital, 620 W. Brown St., Waupun