Get Involved in Promoting Organ, Tissue and Eye Donation
UW Organ and Tissue Donation in Madison, Wisconsin, offers the following resources in an effort to keep potential donors and their families informed about organ donation.
- July 28: 7am-2pm, Thrivent Living Generously Organ Donation Awareness Booth, Downtown Courthouse Square, Monroe, WI. Organized by a living kidney donor who wants to educate others about the power of the gift of hope with a transplant, visit the "Superhero Station: Register as an organ donor and save lives!" Win a prize playing a game while learning about organ, tissue and eye donation. Children will receive a Dottie coloring page and box of crayons.
- July 28: 9:30am-1pm, Cory Adams Run/Walk, American Legion, 131 W Washington St., Poynette, WI 53955. Proceeds from the event are donated to UW Organ and Tissue Donation's Donor Education Fund, Restoring Hope Transplant House and the Restoring Hope Transplant House and the Poynette/Dekorra EMS. Facebook Event page
- July 28: 4-9pm, Capital City Run Walk For Organ Tissue and Eye Donation, Capitol Square to Goodman Pool. Visit the UW Organ and Tissue Donation booth to receive a free gift. More information and registration
- Aug. 15-19: 8am-6pm, Dodge County Fair, Dodge County Fairgrounds, Hwy 33, Beaver Dam, WI. Visit the organ donation outreach and education booth organized by the grateful family of an organ recipient. Registered donors can place a sticker on the Hero Board.
- Aug. 19: 11am-6pm, Paulpalooza Hops Garden, Mill Pond Park, 6818 Canal St, Paoli, WI. Organized by the mother of a pediatric donor, celebrate the gifts of life that Paul gave to others. Food, drink and live music round out this event that you can add to your calendar. Visit the Donation Education Outreach table, 12pm-2pm or 3pm-5pm to register as an organ, tissue and eye donor on Wisconsin's Donor Registry. Proceeds from this event will support the Wisconsin Skeeters Sled Hockey team, Bay Cliff Health Camp, UW Organ and Tissue Donation's Donor Education Fund and Donate Life Wisconsin.
- Aug. 26: 1-7pm, 33rd annual Palmer's Steakhouse Tent Event, Capitol Drive, Hartland, WI. A grateful recipient family, their employees and volunteers organize an amazing event benefitting the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, research at UW Hospital's Transplant Program, UW Organ and Tissue Donation's Donor Education Fund and Donate Life Wisconsin. Included in admission is all-you-can-eat food and drink (beer, wine, soda), live music and dancing, games, raffles, auctions and more. Tickets are $30 in advance or $40 on the day of the event.
- Sept. 6-8: 73rd Annual Great Lakes Logging and Heavy Equipment Expo, Organ Donation Education at Booth 320, Sunnyview Expo Center, 500 E County Rd Y, Oshkosh, WI 54901. The public is invited to visit more than 200 indoor and outdoor exhibitors showcasing the best of log splitters, portable sawmills, compact tractors and logging equipment, implements, chainsaw carving, wood/pellet stove dealers and more. UW Organ and Tissue Donation's booth will celebrate the everyday heroes who registered as organ, tissue and eye donors and register new donors on Wisconsin's donor registry. More information, including exhibit hours
- Sept. 28: 5th Annual Steve Muenchow Memorial Golf Outing. 1pm shotgun start, 6pm dinner/silent auction. Abbey Springs Golf Course, Fontana-on-Geneva Lake, WI. Benefits support the Restoring Hope Transplant House. Learn more