Get Involved in Promoting Organ, Tissue and Eye Donation
UW Organ and Tissue Donation in Madison, Wisconsin, offers the following resources in an effort to keep potential donors and their families informed about organ donation.
- Jan. 23-27: WEMSA Conference. Wisconsin Center, 400 W. Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53203, Thursday, 5-7pm; Friday, 11am-5pm; and Saturday, 11am-2pm. The Wisconsin Emergency Medical Service Association will hold its annual conference with various partner groups displaying tables.
Jan. 27: Spotlight on Life Milwaukee NKFW Fundraiser, Milwaukee Hilton, 5-11pm. The National Kidney Foundation of Wisconsin will play host to a dinner dance fundraiser.
Feb. 23-25: Wisconsin State Hunting Expo, Shopko Hall, 1901 South Oneida St., Green Bay, WI 54304. Friday, 3-9pm, Saturday, 9am-7pm; and Sunday, 10am-4pm. UW OTD will have a booth to promote registration and awareness. Event website
- Feb. 22: Waushara County EMS, Demonstration Room, Lower Level, Waushara County Courthouse, 209 S Saint Marie St, Wautoma, WI 54982. 8am-9am. Informational session with Waushara Co. EMS presented by a UW OTD Surgical Recovery Coordinator.
- Feb. 28: Suby Von Haden and Associates registration event, noon-1pm. Law Firm private educational and registration event. Brookfield Office.
- March 8-9: UW OTD Designated Requestor Training
- April 5 and 7: Eau Claire Organ Donation Awareness Movie Event "Legends of the Knight," a Brett Culp film, Micon Cinemas, 3109 Mall Drive, Eau Claire, WI 54701. Join us for a free event of heroic proportions. Legends of the Knight is a 75-minute documentary that tells true stories of individuals who were inspired to become real-life heroes because of their childhood love of Batman. Attend the pre-screening party for trivia, prizes, food specials and children's activities. Dress in a superhero costume and receive a prize. The film is appropriate for all ages. Space is limited. Tickets will be available online.
- Thursday, April 5: 6-9pm (HSHS)
- Saturday, April 7: 6-9pm
- April 6: WDTSEA State Conference, Chula Vista Resort, 2501 River Rd., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965, 7am-1pm. UW OTD will present informational materials at the conference.
- April 6: VA Transplant Vendor Fair, 12:30-3pm, B2055 William S. Middleton Veterans Memorial Hospital, 2500 Overlook Terrace, Madison, WI 53705
- April 8: Wisconsin Society of Perfusionists, 10-11am, Concourse Hotel, 1 W. Dayton St., Madison, WI 53703
- April 14: N.E.W. Donate Life Walk, 8am-1pm, Bay View Middle School, 1217 Cardinal Lane, Green Bay, WI 54313. A 2.5-mile fun run/walk. Email Gail Burant or Mary Swinford at email@example.com or visit the event website
- Online registration ($15) closes at 8am April 13.
- Onsite registration ($20) opens at 8am April 14.
- April 21: CWGOL Scavenger Hunt, 9am-5pm, The Ridges, 2311 Griffith Ave., Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494. For more information, visit the Central Wisconsin Gift of Life website
- 10am registration
- 11am-3pm hunt
- 3pm food/prizes
- May 5: Eau Claire Marathon Expo, 10am-5pm, McPhee Center, UW-Eau Claire, 509 University Dr., Eau Claire, WI 54701. UW OTD will have an informational and prize booth at the marathon expo.