Stepping On is a well-researched falls prevention program. Stepping On benefits those 65 years and over who have had a fall in the past year OR have a fear of falling.
Participants in this program will:
- Learn to step outside your home with confidence
- Learn with people your own age
- Become more aware of fall hazards and learn how your fall risk can be reduced
- Study the most up-to-date information on fall prevention
- Learn simple and fun balance and strength training
- Learn the role vision, medication and footwear can contribute to falls
- Help others by sharing what has worked for you
You must be able to answer yes to the following questions in order to take this class:
- Do you live in your own home or independent apartment (do not live in a nursing home)?
- Are you able to walk without the help of another person?
- Do you speak and understand English?
You must be able to answer no to the following questions in order to take this class:
- Do you require a walker, wheelchair or scooter most of the time indoors?
- Are you suffering from dementia?
Cost: $35 includes snacks and handouts. This cost is reimbursable for Unity members.
If you have any questions or you would like to pay by check, please call (608) 890-5651 leave a message with your name and phone number.
- February 8-March 21 at UW Health West Clinic, 451 Juction Rd.
- June 9-July 21 at UW Health at The American Center, 4602 Eastpark Blvd.
- Oct. 31-Dec. 12th at UW Health at The American Center, 4602 Eastpark Blvd.