Print Friendly Page
Protocol No. UW17017
Principal Investigator Cho, Steven
Age Group Adult
Sponsor Type Institutional
Title PSMA Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and Magnetic Resonance (MR) Imaging in Gynecological Cancers
Objective The purpose of this research is to test contrast-enhanced MRI and F-DCFPYL PET imaging. We want to see how clear and accurate images of the normal uterus, ovaries and fallopian tubes are when using this kind of PET/MRI scan. We also want to see if this PET/MRI scan can identify uterine and ovarian cancer.
Treatment F-DCFPYL PSMA is an investigational tracer. "Investigational" means that F-DCFPYL PSMA is not approved by the FDA and can only be used in research. This tracer can help identify gynecological (uterine and ovarian) cancers.
Description One study visit is required at the Wisconsin Institutes for Medical Research (WIMR) building. This visit will last approximately 3 hours.The F-DCFPYL PSMA will be injected through an IV that will be placed in your arm. You will then be positioned in the PET/MR scanner. During the scan, an MRI contrast agent and a small dose of glucagon will be injected in the IV in your arm.
- Women with suspected gynecological cancer (test population)
- Women with no suspected gynecological cancer (control population)
- No contraindications for MR or PET imaging
- Greater than or equal to 18 years of age
- Scheduled to undergo a hysterectomy and salpingo-oophorectomy
- Women that are pregnant or breast-feeding are excluded
- Women with severe kidney dysfunction are excluded
- Women with concurrent or previous non-gynecologic malignancy, other than treated skin cancer are excluded
Applicable Disease Sites Ovary; Uterus
Therapies Involved Other
Drugs Involved 18F-DCFPyL
Participating Institutions UW Hospital and Clinics; UWCCC 1 South Park