UW Health Recruitment Center
(608) 263-6500 (phone)
(608) 263-5778 (fax)
- Professional Nursing at University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
- Our Nursing Council Structure
- Meet Our Nursing Leaders
- Nursing Practice & Progress: Annual Report 2014 (pdf)
- Specialized Inpatient Nursing
Professional Practice Model
Our Nursing Professional Practice Model aligns nursing practice across all levels and settings by identifying relationships and responsibilities of the professional nurse.
Patient- and family-centered care is the philosophical and theoretical basis of the model, with the relationship between the nurse and the patient/family/community at the center. The domains surrounding patient/family/community describe the ideal environment for nursing practice at UW Hospital and Clinics.
The model’s applicability to nurses in diverse roles across the organization reflects the purposeful, collaborative efforts of nurses who developed a model that accurately defines the unique and innovative practice of UW Hospital and Clinics’ nurses. Furthermore, this new model represents the pride nurses take in delivering top-notch, high-quality, evidence-based care that is patient- and family-centered.
The University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics' post-baccalaureate Nurse Residency Program was accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education in 2012. Through this rigorous process, UW Hospital and Clinics has demonstrated that it meets national standards for its program to support new nurses during their first year of practice. There are currently nine accredited Nurse Residency Programs in the United States.
- 2017 UW Health Nursing Excellence Award Winners
- 2016 UW Health Nursing Excellence Award Winners
- 2015 UW Hospital and Clinics Nursing Excellence Awards
- 2014 UW Hospital and Clinics Nursing Excellence Awards
- 2013 UW Hospital and Clinics Nursing and Patient Care Excellence Awards
- DAISY Award
- Sunshine Award for Nursing Assistants