Professional Nursing at UW Health
(608) 263-6500 (phone)
(608) 263-5778 (fax)
UW Health Recruitment Center, 301 S. Westfield Road, Suite 200, Madison, WI 53717
At UW Health, we believe that nursing is both an art and a science. UW Health nurses are not only highly accomplished clinicians with extensive knowledge about diagnostic and therapeutic modalities, they are also deeply committed to delivering evidence-based care in a manner sensitive to the patient's and family's needs.
We have developed, described and applied a professional practice model within the framework of clinical practice, leadership and professional development. The very core of this model is the relationship among the nurse, patient, family and community.
The nursing professionals at UW Health are distinguished by their keen minds, caring hearts and commitment. To continue and enhance our dedication to excellence in nursing, we endorse the mission, vision, and values that support nursing and the organization. I invite you to spend time learning more about the priorities we have established.
Beth Houlahan, MSN, RN, CENP
Senior Vice President Patient Care Services, Chief Nursing Officer
More About Nursing at UW Health
- UW Health and Clinics Philosophy of Nursing
- Mission, Values and Vision
- Professional Practice Model
- Clinical Nursing Management and Executive Practice
- Nursing Council Structure
- Nursing Scholarship and the Environment of Nursing Care
- Nursing Theory and Practice
- The Professional Nurse and the Assumption of Responsibility