UW Health Consolidates Regional Adult and Pediatric Specialty Care in Response to COVID-19
Madison, Wisconsin - UW Health is announcing a temporary consolidation of its regional adult and pediatric specialty care clinical locations throughout Wisconsin and Illinois to meet patients' in-person care needs while also keeping its workforce and communities as healthy as possible during COVID-19.
UW Health remains steadfast in its commitment to all the communities it serves. In-person visits/care, when medically essential, is still available at designated specialty hubs. We will continue to offer care via our established regional telemed/telephone visit workflows and Vidyo video visit capabilities will also be live shortly.
Regional Specialty Centers That Will Remain Open
- Aurora Children's Health + UW Health (Pediatrics Green Bay)
- Beaver Dam
- Fort Atkinson
- Johnson Creek - UW Cancer Center
- Prairie du Sac
- Rockford, Ill. (SwedishAmerican: Adult, Pediatrics and NICU)
Ensuring Patients Receive the Care They Need
- Patients who are receiving oncology services will continue to receive the care they need at their clinic to ensure their treatment is not interrupted.
- Regional Services continues to work with providers and patients to ensure they receive care in the most efficient manner within the region and includes phone and electronic options in the home or at a full-time specialty center location.
- Regional Services staff will continue to collaborate with our regional partner organizations to ensure that patients have access to UW Health specialty providers in a timely manner.
- All other non-essential in-person visits and procedures had been postponed and regional access will be continuously re-evaluated.
Date Published: 04/17/2020