Neuropsychological Testing Appointments
Fax Number for Orders and Patient Records
Mailing Address Neuropsychology Clinic
UW Hospital and Clinics
600 Highland Ave., H4/6
Madison, WI 53792
Making an Appointment
Providers within UW Health can simply place an order via Healthlink for a neuropsychological evaluation.
For providers outside of UW Health, we ask that a request for our services be faxed to us.
All orders need to include:
- Patient information and demographics.
- Reason/concern for request, including but not limited to: difficulties or changes in thinking, memory, speech, personality, or other behaviors which are significant enough to interfere with daily living or development.
- Someone other than patient for contact if patient is not independent
If the request is coming from outside of the UW Health system, please include patient reports/records that are relevant to the neuropsychology referral. It is not necessary to send the entire medical record but is helpful to provide us with the notes in which your concerns and reason for request are referenced. If the patient has had prior neuropsychological testing outside of the UW Health system, we would also like that report.
Our team will triage requests/orders once all information is received and then the patient/family, or the patient’s designated contact, will typically be called within one week to discuss insurance prior authorization and process for scheduling an appointment.
Important to note
- A full or half-day of testing is reserved for each patient, depending on patient’s age, abilities and concerns.
- To ensure as many people as possible are allowed appointments each day, it is very important that patients inform the clinic as soon as possible if they are unable to keep their scheduled appointment.
- Please check with your insurance to see if your policy covers neuropsychological testing.
- If a referral is needed by your insurance company, the provider who referred you/your child to us will need to submit the request for referral to your insurance company.