Emergency Care and Trauma Symposium
This year marks our 50th Emergency Care and Trauma Symposium! We remain true to our mission established 50 years ago—to provide education for all levels of emergency and trauma providers, from the pre-hospital environment through inpatient care. This year’s symposium features keynote speaker Dr. Christina Hernon.
Dr. Hernon is an Emergency Medicine Physician and Medical Toxicologist. She was a physician at the 2013 Boston Marathon and will tell her compelling story about rendering initial aid to victims in the 2013 bombing.
Education tracks for EMS and nursing will be offered, with presentations and hands-on sessions based on the educational need of the participant.
- Dates: June 25-27, 2018
- Location: Kalahari Resort and Convention Center, Wisconsin Dells
Fee: $225. Includes tuition, materials, breakfasts and lunches. Please see the registration form for one-day fees and early-bird registration fees.
- Brochure: View the 2018 Symposium brochure (pdf)
- Registration: Register online
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Kalahari Resort and Convention Center. The special symposium rates are $139 per night (hut) and $169 per night (lodge suite). All rates are based on occupancy for up to four people, plus tax.
To receive this discounted rate, please call the Kalahari at 1-877-253-5466 on or before May 25, 2018, and ask for the Emergency Care Conference 2018 Room Block when making your reservation. Rooms in this block that are not reserved will be released to the general public on May 25, 2018.
If you are interested in being an exhibitor at the 2018 Emergency Care and Trauma Symposium, please register here.
University Hospital is jointly providing this education with the following organizations: Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, UW Health, UW Med Flight CHETA and the University of Wisconsin Level I Trauma Center.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison, as a member of the University Continuing Education Association (UCEA), authorizes this program for 2.4 continuing education units (CEUs) or 24 hours.
Up to 24 hours of National Registry credit will be applied for from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services, National Registry of EMTs.
Presentations from the 2017 Symposium
(All files are PDF)
- 2017 ECTS pediatric respiratory emergencies (complete)
- A Milky way to start the New Year
- Case Study- June 2017- Outline
- EMS Update jn 6-19-2017
- EMS_Presentation 2017
- Final Presentation Med Flight Trauma Symposium 6-20-17
- Grant Regional Trauma 2017 presentation
- Hwy S Powerpoint
- Inspiration Monday
- Inspiration Tuesday
- Inspiration Wednesday
- Jodi McGraw June 2017 Presentation OB 3rd final
- Mary Jean 2017_UW Emergency and Trauma Conference
- MFD Active Threat- Warm Zone Dells with no pictures
- Next Years Conference
- Pediatric Ingestion Injuries - Assessment & Care 2017 Eithun and Williams
- Pink and Orange - Suite 6
- Save a Life 2 053017 P Zaret
- Spinal Immobilization 5-2017
- Trauma Save a Life P Zaret
- Traumatic Spinal Cord Injury
- UW 2017 CCT
- VAD EMS summit june 2017 afternoon version final3