Emergency Care and Trauma Symposium
The 51st Annual Emergency Care and Trauma Symposium is designed to educate emergency and trauma providers, from the pre-hospital environment through inpatient care. This includes EMS personnel and emergency and critical care nurses. Education for EMS and nursing will be offered, with presentations and hands-on sessions based on the educational needs of participants.
Patients will be present when appropriate.
51st Annual Emergency Care and Trauma Symposium
June 24-26, 2019
Kalahari Resort and Convention Center, Wisconsin Dells
Find the agenda, continuing credit information and additional details in the 2019 EMS Symposium Brochure (pdf).
Presentations from the 2019 Symposium
- When Cows Attack! A Blunt Mechanism Pediatric Trauma Case Study
- Prehospital - Members of the Montfort Rescue Squad (pdf)
- UW Med Flight (pdf)
- Emergency Department - Inpatient - OR (pdf)
- Pediatric Blunt Trauma (ppt)
- Level I Trauma Response to a Mass Shooting (ppt)
- The Future is Soon (ppt)
- How Did It Get There? Pediatric Foreign Body Aspiration and Ingestions (pdf)
- Plain People, Modern Medicine (ppt)
- Burns Today, Burns Tomorrow (ppt)
- CSI vs CSP (pdf)
- The Times They Are A Changin': ATLS 10th Edition and ABLS 2016 Recommendations for Trauma and Burn Care (pdf)
- OB Emergencies (ppt)
- Caregiver Strategies: Protecting Yourself in Unsafe Situations (ppt)
Archive of Past Presentations