Critical Care Ground Transport Ambulance
UW Health's emergency transportation services program, including its critical care ground transport ambulance, reaffirms its mission of offering comprehensive, quality health care and strengthens its role as a regional resource.
Both UW Hospital and Clinics and American Family Children's Hospital have been certified by the American College of Surgeons as Level I Trauma Centers, one of two organizations in the state to be rated as such. Our critical care service works with physicians, hospitals and emergency services to make available life-saving critical care 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Critical Care Transport Overview
- A critical care team with life support skills providing a bridge of care between health care facilities
- A vehicle that utilizes equipment designed for pediatric patients
- Transport services available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Consultation access with a pediatric intensivist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Outreach educational programs regarding the special needs of pediatric patients are available to referring hospital staff