How to Shape Perfect Eyebrows
Step-by-Step Guide to Perfect Eyebrows
- Take an eyeliner pencil and place it vertically against the side of your nose (repeat for each side). The pencil should run about mid-mouth to the tear duct of the eye. This is where your eyebrow should start. Any hair that is visible beyond the pencil should be tweezed.
- Next, take the pencil and diagonally place where it hits the middle of the mouth, nostril and outside the iris of the eye. This is where your arch is. Tweeze a gradual line from the arch to the start of the inner brow.
- To determine the end of the eyebrow, place the pencil diagonally across to the opposite corners of the mouth, nostril and outside corner of the eye. Anything that remains beyond that point should be tweezed.
- Trim those longer hairs. This will make a big difference! You will need a small eyebrow comb and a small pair of scissors. Using the comb, gently brush the brows up and trim anything that goes beyond the natural hairline. Then brush the hairs down and do the same.
- Don't be afraid of filling in the sparse hairs with a soft sweep of an eyebrow pencil. Your brows will look fuller and richer in color. Jeune Skin Care offers brow tinting as a quick solution to blonde or lighter hairs.
It can be a bit difficult to tweeze eyebrows on your own. Trying to pluck with only one eye open, let alone trying to make them match, is tough! Just remember to start very gradually. It is much easier to go back and remove a stranded hair than to wait for an over-tweezed brow to grow in.
Need More Help?
Jeune Skin Care at UW Health Transformations offers eyebrow waxing and tinting. The brow design cost is $27, which includes waxing and tinting on the same visit. Save yourself the hassle of doing it yourself! Call (608) 836-9990 to set up an appointment with one of our medical aestheticians.