Recipe for Healthier Skin: Lemony Kale Hummus
This nutrient-rich simple snack recipe from the UW Health Learning Kitchen can help improve the condition of your skin from the inside. Lemons are a great source of vitamin C, which can reduce skin inflammation. And kale is a nutritional powerhouse with many skin-friendly vitamins - including an abundance of vitamin K, which helps protect collagen in the body. Collagen is critical in maintaining skin's elasticity and helps keep skin plump and more youthful-looking.
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1-2 cups kale
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Drain and rinse garbanzo beans.
- Add all of the ingredients into a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Serve with pita or veggies.