Raspberry Dark Chocolate Macaroons
Indulge yourself with a treat from the UW Health Learning Kitchen that will satisfy your sweet tooth (and your Valentine's?) while nourishing your skin. The raspberries in these macaroons are good sources of collagen-forming vitamin C. And high quality dark chocolate is rich in skin-friendly vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- 14 ½ oz. shredded coconut
- 4 egg whites
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. coarse salt
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups raspberries
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 4 oz. dark chocolate
- Adjust oven racks to middle and upper positions and preheat to 325 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine coconut, sugar, salt, vanilla, egg whites and almonds. Pulse to combine, about 8 short pulses. Add raspberries and pulse until evenly distributed, about another 8 pulses. Use a medium size cookie scoop to scoop dough and drop it onto the prepared baking sheet
in rounded balls. Bake cookies until golden in color and dry to the touch, about 30-35 minutes.
- Let cookies cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave. Drizzle chocolate over cookies and let stand until hardened.
Makes two dozen cookies