Blueberries are a rich source of antioxidants, which help protect your skin against the signs of aging. Blueberries are high in vitamin C, which can reduce skin inflammation. And loading your bowl with an arugula base packs another skin-friendly punch, as this leafy green can provide defense against UV skin damage and protect skin's elasticity.
Try this healthy and skin-friendly recipe from the Learning Kitchen at UW Health at The American Center:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of medium lemon
- Dash coarse salt
- Dash granulated sugar
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon, salt and sugar. Toss dressing with cooled quinoa and mix in arugula and blueberries. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Top with crumbled goat cheese.