Jeune Skin Care: Ask the Experts
Q. How do self-tanners really make your skin darker, and how can I apply it without looking streaky?
A. Self-tanners contain an ingredient called DHA (dihydroxyacetone). DHA is the "tanning" ingredient in almost all self-tanners currently on the market.
- Make sure to exfoliate the areas to be "tanned"
- Next, smooth the self-tanner over the skin as you would moisturizer or body lotion
- Distribute evenly by using a circular motion and/or vertical and horizontal strokes
- Use sparingly on elbows, knees, ankles and feet where thicker skin may result in a deeper tan
- Blend along hairline using a slightly moist cotton ball
- Wash hands and nails completely
- Let dry for 15 minutes. Within 3-4 hours, your tan will appear! For a deeper color, reapply for 2-3 consecutive days. Your tan will gradually fade in about 7 days.
Schedule a Free Consultation