Do I Really Need an Eye Cream?
Skin care advice from our Jeune Skin Care aestheticians:
Eye products are one of the No. 1 products purchased in skin care - and yet, they're aslo one of the products we forget to use in our skin care regimen. With so many eye creams on the market, it is hard to choose.
And the questions that usually come up are: "Do I really need an eye cream?" and "Why can't I just use my facial moisturizer?"
Eye creams are formulated for the delicate skin around the eye area. The skin under our eyes starts to become thinner as we age, causing wrinkling, bagging and sagging. Our skin around the eyes is more fragile, more prone to dryness, and quicker to show age and fatigue. Squinting and constant movement of the eyes starts to create lines and wrinkles. When fluids collect under the eyes, it causes puffiness and dark circles.
Eye creams can address some of these issues. One of our favorite eye creams is the Revision DEJ Eye Cream:
DEJ Eye Cream
(regular price: $94.00*)
- All skin types
- Provides intense moisturization for smoother skin texture. Advanced extracts, peptides and potent antioxidants work cohesively to create clinically proven results.
- 96% of subjects experienced an improvement in the look of fine lines, firmness and overall photodamage
- 90% of subjects experienced an improvement in upper eyelid appearance
- Goji fruit extract - provides powerful antioxidant benefits
- Sunflower seed oil unsaponifiables - enhances skin's moisture level
- Vitamin C (THD ascorbate) - brightens skin and provides antioxidant benefits
- Cucumber fruit water - soothes and calms the skin
Browse Our Eye Creams and Skin Care Products
Stop by UW Health Transformations, 2349 Deming Way in Middleton, to browse our skin care products and cosmetics:
- Monday and Wednesday: 8am-7pm
- Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 8am-5pm
* Price current as of March 2018; all prices are subject to change