Current Volunteers

Volunteer Contact Information

(608) 263-6046

Thank you for volunteering with UW Health. We appreciate the time and commitment that you provide to our patients, visitors and staff. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our office.


Current volunteers are subject to regulatory requirements for annual Safety and Infection Control (SIC) training, flu shots and TB screening. Descriptions of these requirements and forms to update them can be found in the links below. UW Health provides free flu shots each fall. The schedule and more information is posted below. Starting in August 2016, volunteers can fill out the Annual TB Update form in lieu of an annual TB skin test. If you have ever had a positive TB skin test in the past, you should fill out and submit the History of a Positive TB Skin Test Form instead. If you have questions regarding flu shots or TB tests please contact Employee Health Services at (608) 263-7535. If you are not sure if your compliance is up-to-date, please contact the Volunteer Services office at (608) 263-6046 or


2019 Influenza Vaccination Requirements

  • All UW Health employees, faculty, students and volunteers are required to receive an influenza vaccination
  • Only those with a completed medical waiver for a medical contraindication will be exempt from receiving the vaccine
  • If you have previously completed a UW Health Religious or Personal Conviction/Belief Waiver, you must either receive the influenza vaccine or re-complete this waiver in order to be compliant
  • Please note that due to your volunteer health and personal health records being separate, Employee Health Services is unable to access your personal health records to see if you had your TB and/or influenza requirement conducted at a different UW Health location or outside of the organization. If you receive your flu shot elsewhere (UHS, your primary care clinic - even if it's a UW Health facility, Walgreens, CVS, etc.), please submit documentation to or via fax to (608) 262-7284.
  • If you have questions regarding flu shots or TB tests please contact Employee Health Services at (608) 263-7535.

Current Volunteer Resources

Current Volunteer FAQ


Who can I ask about anything pertaining to Volunteer Services?


Our staff is happy to answer any questions you may have. Our phone number is (608) 263-6046 and our e-mail address is


I don't have my name badge yet. Can I volunteer?


No. You cannot volunteer without your name badge for security reasons.


What if I decide I can't volunteer anymore?


Please call or e-mail Volunteer Services to let us know. It is also important to let your supervisor know.


Whom do I need to contact to change my volunteer placement/day/time?


All changes to your volunteer shift should go through the Volunteers Services department, not your supervisor.


What do I do when I am unable to make my volunteer shift?


If it’s less than 24 hours’ notice, please phone the unit directly. You can find their number on the top of your position description. If you know more than 24 hours in advance that you will need to miss a shift, you should notify your supervisor via email as soon as possible and copy in on the email.


Does my supervisor know....

  • Where to pick up my name badge?
  • Where to buy a polo?
  • How to use the sign-in computer?
  • When I need to update my TB test?

No, not usually. For these questions and other similar ones, please contact Volunteer Services.


Will I get a response from Volunteer Services faster if I e-mail and call? How long should I wait to receive a response?


No, we would rather you don't do both as this will lead to delays because of the number of inquiries we receive. Please send us an e-mail or contact us by phone. E-mail is the preferred method of communication. Volunteer Services responds to e-mail and phone calls on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please allow up to five days for a response, as there are certain times of the year when the volume of inquiries makes it difficult to respond immediately.


What do I do if I lose my name badge?


If you lose your name badge, please let Volunteer Services know and be prepared to pay $12 to replace it.


Should I keep copies of my medical documentation?


Yes. Keeping copies of your medical documentation (such as TB tests, vaccine records and titers) will make it easier for you if you ever need to provide that documentation in the future for schools, jobs, or other volunteer organizations.