UW Health offers a comprehensive program for patients with hypertension.
Services are provided by a multidisciplinary team of hypertension physician-experts that include Cardiologists, Preventive Cardiologists and Nephrologists, with Endocrinology and Vascular Surgery consultants.
Our services are delivered in collaboration with a team of nurses, nutritionists, exercise physiologists and a psychologist that specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of hypertension and the prevention of heart, blood vessel and kidney disease.
The Advanced Hypertension Program is ideal for patients with one of the following:
- Difficult to treat hypertension
- Multiple medications (2 or more)
- Unable to tolerate medications
- Hypertension at a young age (18-40 years old)
- Accelerating hypertension
- Suspected secondary causes of hypertension
- Suspected "white coat" hypertension
- Suspected "masked" hypertension
- Hypertension with multiple cardiovascular risk factors
- Early or progressive kidney disease
Learn more about the Advanced Hypertension Program
Visit My Heart, My Choice to access hypertention resources for young adults.
Designated Comprehensive Hypertension Center
Our program was named a Designated Comprehensive Hypertension Center by the American Society of Hypertension (ASH). The designation recognizes academic medical centers and/or large multi-specialty clinics as leaders in the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of high blood pressure. Read more
Patient self-referrals and physician referrals are both accepted at the Advanced Hypertension Program.