UW Health Home Health Agency
2030 Pinehurst Drive
Middleton, WI 53562
(608) 203-CARE (2273) or (888) 663-7043
Fax: (608) 203-2250
At UW Home Health Agency, our interdisciplinary team of clinicians takes the UW Health continuum of care directly into our patients' homes.
There we deliver a blend of high-tech health care and holistic case management. We see our patients where they live, and we work with them to achieve their health care goals.
The home health team meets twice monthly to coordinate interventions, resources and strategies that support our patients and their goal progression. This may include holding case conferences with other providers and/or with patients and their families.
Who are the UW Home Health Clinicians?
Skilled Nurses assess patient’s needs after a hospital or nursing home stay, address changing medical conditions, provide skilled nursing treatments such as IV therapy, wound care, and medication management, educate patients on health management and treatment and coordinate patient care with other services.
Physical Therapists assess and treat patients who have problems with mobility, falls, home safety issues and/or training needs with new equipment.
Occupational Therapists assess and treat patients who need cognitive testing or help with daily living skills, such as dressing, bathing and homemaking.
Speech and Language Pathologists evaluate and treat speech and swallowing issues.
Social Workers evaluate and counsel on social, emotional and economic needs related to medical problems.
Home Health Aides assist patients with bathing, hygiene and personal care.
Intake nurses can be reached seven days per week at (608) 262-2654 or by paging (608) 265-7000 #3315 to make a referral. The intake nurses interpret the home health coverage criteria and verify coverage. Most private insurance plans, Medicare and Medical Assistance provide coverage for skilled home health agency visits for eligible patients.
Hours of Service
- The UW Health Home Care Services office is open 8am-4:30pm Monday through Friday.
- On-call nurses are available 24 hours/day, seven days/week via phone to answer questions and to make non-routine visits, if necessary.
- Routine skilled nursing visits are provided 8am-10pm, seven days per week.
- Aide services are available 8am-4:30pm, seven days per week.
- Therapy services are available 8am-4:30pm Monday through Friday, with limited physical therapy services available on Saturdays and Sundays for prioritized situations.
- Social work services are available three to five days per week between Monday and Friday 8am-4:30pm.