Chartwell Midwest Wisconsin Employment Opportunities
Chartwell Midwest Wisconsin prides itself on hiring only the highest-quality clinicians and staff. We offer competitive wages, flexible scheduling, great benefits, a casual dress environment and the ability to work with an outstanding team.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Chartwell Midwest Wisconsin
Attn: Human Resources
2241 Pinehurst Drive
Middleton, WI 53562
Chartwell is excited to announce that we are initiating a recruitment campaign for homecare positions, including Home Health RNs and Physical Therapists.
Both of these roles are vital to the success of our consolidated homecare agency and we are looking to add enthusiastic individuals with a passion for home care to our team. As an affiliate of UW Health, Chartwell is honored and excited to continue to grow this partnership and become the homecare provider of choice for all of our service lines.
For both of these clinical roles, we are seeking at least one year of experience and applicable licensure. Travel will be required. Full- and part-time candidates will be considered.
Home Health Nurse
Position Summary: The Home Health Nurse coordinates and directs the home care patient's care based on individual patient needs. The Home Health Nurse is responsible for the independent management of the Home Health patient population requiring the use of advanced assessment, teaching and decision-making skills. The Home Health Nurse is responsible for ensuring that appropriate referrals to other services are made, interdisciplinary conferencing takes place regularly and appropriate documentation is completed. The Home Health Nurse cares for a caseload of home health patients by evaluating the patient for appropriateness of home health and developing the home care plan in conjunction with the physician. The Home Health Nurse educates patients, families, caregivers and community providers to safely perform care and provides follow-up by evaluating the effectiveness of the home care plan and monitoring the patient's response to the plan. Each Home Health Nurse belongs to a geographically organized work team.
- Assesses the physical, functional, psychosocial and cognitive status of the home care patient using interview observations and physical exam techniques.
- Assesses the home environment for safety, infection control, and community resource needs.
- Collects information for assessment with the patient, family, physician and other health care team members.
- Incorporates multidisciplinary data into the nursing assessment of the home care patient.
- Establishes individualized, measurable goals in consultation with the patient, family and other health care providers.
- In response to information indicating urgent and/or emergent risk to home care patients, notifies the physician immediately and notifies the supervisor of the action taken.
- Evaluates patient’s responses to care based on a continuous assessment and analysis of nursing intervention and alternatives for nursing care.
- Facilitates and coordinates interdisciplinary care conferences with groups of complex patients.
- Exhibits sound nursing judgment and decision making skills in coordinating patient care.
- Identifies and adapts teaching materials with home care patients and families. Creatively uses these tools to maximize the learner's success.
- Involves the home care patient and family in the identification of individual requirements/perceptions of learning needs.
- Accurately completes admission and revisit documentation, documentation of completed communications, billing and employee statistical information and payroll documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
- Minimum of one year of relevant clinical nursing experience required.
- Recent, relevant experience in a Medicare-certified home health agency as a case manager, primary nurse or BSN student or familiarity and work experience using home health software documentation applications preferred.
- Registration as a professional nurse in the State of Wisconsin required.
- Valid driver's license and current car insurance and CPR certification required.
Current IV therapy skills, with knowledge of venous access devices and ambulatory pumps preferred.
Chartwell is also seeking individuals for the following positions:
Cash Posting Specialist
Position Summary: This position is responsible for accurately applying and posting payments received to the patient accounting system. This position will perform daily payment reconciliations and ensure records are kept in accordance with policies and procedures for all business units, including but not limited to, Home Infusion, ETP, HME, CareWear, and Home Health/Therapy services.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum of one-year reimbursement and/or insurance experience preferred. Ability to read and interpret an EOB is preferred. Infusion, home health, or DME experience preferred. Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills needed.
Claims Billing Representative
Position Summary: The Claims Billing Representative is responsible for the accurate and timely filing of claims to commercial, government and contracted payers for HME, CareWear, and various home health/therapy services. The Claims Billing Representative works claim edits within Epic and/or a contracted billing software vendor timely and accurately, ensuring correct filing of insurance claims.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate's Degree in Business, Finance, Health Information Management, or a related field is preferred. Minimum of one-year reimbursement and/or insurance experience required. Experience in revenue cycle (healthcare business, financial or insurance) or EPIC preferred. Knowledge of medical and insurance terminology, CPT, ICD coding structures, and billing forms preferred. Ability to use various computer applications such as MS Office and EPIC highly desired. Must have strong interpersonal, communication, and organization skills.
Home Health Scheduler
Position Summary: The Home Health Scheduler is responsible for scheduling patients for multiple Home Health services (Nursing, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Social Worker and HHA). This position requires a variety of skills to maintain Home Health visit schedules and is responsible for training and supporting other employees in the scheduling positions/process. Facilitates, schedules and manages interactive scheduling meetings with clinicians on a regular basis in collaboration with the therapy and nursing supervisors. Acts as the first point of contact for patients who call the home health agency, providing customer service and expectation management before routing the call appropriately. This position requires knowledge and competency with use of computerized scheduling systems.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate or Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Healthcare or other related field preferred. Minimum of one year of previous experience working in an office or customer service environment required. Previous experience working in healthcare, scheduling patients and/or experience coordinating multiple activities in an office setting preferred. Knowledge of and ability to use computers including a variety of word processing and spreadsheet software programs (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook). Must have the ability to think independently and demonstrate good problem-solving skills and work in a team environment and to collaborate with a variety of individuals in a positive manner.
Home Medical Equipment Representative
Position Summary: The Home Medical Equipment Representative is responsible for the collection of demographic and financial information from patients to ensure a smooth admission to home care services and that reimbursement requirements are met. This job has the responsibility for the verification of patient eligibility for insurance benefits, including but not limited to, Medicare, Medical Assistance and numerous third-party payers to assure adequate and timely reimbursement. This job also is responsible for the daily insurance verification, prior authorization, and correct posting of charges for respiratory home care, home medical equipment and supplies, and contract billing for his/her assigned caseload of patients. This employee monitors accurate charge postings via the Brightree software system and applies credits in both Brightree and HealthLink as necessary. The Home Medical Equipment Representative works with the HME Manager as a liaison to home care billing representatives to support the goal of accurate and timely bill filing. This job is responsible for the interpretation of federal and state legislation, regulations, policies and procedures, which impact the department’s services. This individual is an insurance resource person specific to his/her assigned caseload. New charge and HCPCS codes are researched and applied by this person. The job works under the general supervision of the HME Manager, but works with a large degree of independence.
HME Specialist-Respiratory Specialist
Position Summary: The Home Medical Equipment Specialist-Respiratory Therapy is responsible for the verification of demographic and financial information from patients to ensure that reimbursement requirements are met. This job has the responsibility for the verification of patient eligibility for insurance benefits, including but not limited to, Medicare, Medical Assistance and numerous third-party payers to assure adequate and timely reimbursement. This position is also responsible for the daily insurance verification, prior authorization and correct posting of charges for respiratory home care, home medical equipment and supplies, and contract billing (via Sales Order creation) for his/her assigned caseload of patients. The HME Specialist-Respiratory Therapy represents Chartwell Home Care and Respiratory services to the public. This role has direct contact with our patients and provides professional and courteous service. The job works under the general supervision of the RT Supervisor of Chartwell Home Care but works with a large degree of independence.
Education/Experience:High school diploma or equivalent required. Three years of experience in a Home Medical Equipment setting and customer service experience required. Scheduling and team lead experience preferred. Must possess the ability to learn and competently work with co-workers, referral sources and patients, the ability to learn and work with computer programs such as Health Link and Brightree and be proficient in medical terminology and abbreviations.
Infusion Pharmacy Technician (full-time)
Position Summary: Assists the Pharmacy Operations Supervisor and pharmacists in the performance of technical and clerical duties involved in the day-to-day operations of the pharmacy, as allowed by law and/or regulation.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum of one year experience as a pharmacy technician with training/experience in alternate site/home health pharmacy practice and the preparation of sterile products preferred. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Understands and adheres to all applicable state, local and federal laws and/or regulations; company policies and procedures; and external accreditation/review standards.
- Assures compliance to all sterile product area quality control policies and procedures and professional standards (ASHP and USP)
- Ensures compounding is completed in a timely manner to facilitate patient deliveries.
- Assists the pharmacists with the compounding of intravenous solutions according to the principles of strict aseptic technique.
- Assists in achieving cost-effectiveness in all areas (including pharmacy inventory control).
- Checks for expired/unusable products and disposes of them properly.
- Assists in the timely preparation of all compounding documentation (including prescription labels, compounding reports, etc.).
- Ensures the clean room suites and related equipment are cleaned and maintained per organizational policy and procedure.
- Puts up stock in an orderly and efficient manner.
- Performs patient deliveries on call when required.
- Performs and records various quality control activities such as temperature and pressures. Reports all values outside of acceptable ranges to the pharmacy operations supervisor immediately.
Patient Account Representative (PAR)
Position Summary: Chartwell Wisconsin is currently hiring for a full-time Healthcare Billing and Collections Representative. This individual will be responsible for billing and collections activities including processing insurance claims, performing collections calls, following up on aging accounts and other reimbursement activities.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or equivalent is required. Two years reimbursement and/or insurance experience, as well as experience with infusion, home health or DME, is preferred. Effective communication and basic computer skills are essential. Candidates must be organized and have the ability to work within a team setting in a fast-paced environment.
We are a growing healthcare organization that offers competitive benefits and a casual work environment.
Position Summary: The Reimbursement Representative is responsible for a portfolio of accounts receivable, including but not limited to HME, CareWear, and home health/therapy services. This position is engaged in the pro-active collection of outstanding balances, including accurate and timely processing of appeals, with government or third-party payors. Prompt resolution of outstanding balances involves working with internal and external customers (e.g. third-party payers, patients and their guarantors, estate representatives, attorneys, clinicians, and employers). Additionally, this position requires a thorough understanding of often complex contracts, third-party payer requirements, government regulations, and a variety of computer applications for billing and account receivables. Computer applications will include but are not limited to Brightree and EPIC/Healthlink.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s Degree in Business, Finance, Health Information Management, or a related field is preferred. Minimum of one-year reimbursement and/or insurance experience required. Experience in revenue cycle (healthcare business, financial or insurance) or EPIC preferred. Knowledge of medical and insurance terminology, CPT, ICD coding structures, and billing forms preferred. Ability to use various computer applications such as MS Office and EPIC highly desired. Must have strong interpersonal, communication and organization skills.