From the Positive Times: Update on Clinic Appointments and Services
By Cindy Wallace, LCSW
While the way we provide care may look different these days, be assured that the UW Health HIV Care and Prevention clinic staff continue to be available to support your health and wellness goals. Your safety is of utmost importance, so we continue with symptom screening evaluations and questions, social distancing and cleaning protocols. We are here to answer any questions or concerns you may have as we all try to navigate through these challenging times!
We thought now would be a good time to provide a few updates on services:
A clinic nurse may contact you 1-2 weeks before your appointment. If you receive a call you can anticipate questions and discussions regarding the following:
- Appointment Visit Type
- They may discuss the available appointment types which include in-person, telephone or video
- They will discuss when and where to get labs completed before your appointment if needed
- Your concerns
- Please mention to the nurse if you have any specific concerns for your upcoming appointment to discuss with the provider or a member of the care team, like a pharmacist or social worker
If you would like to discuss specific questions or concerns before your scheduled appointment and have not received a call from the nurses, reach out to the clinic nurses at (608) 263-0946.
All UW Health Pharmacy sites are now open!
- Curbside pickup at pharmacy sites is no longer available.
- Free mail and delivery options are available. Talk with a pharmacist about these options.
UW Health Pharmacy sites will provide appointment-only immunizations starting September 14.
- Appointments can be made via MyChart or by calling the pharmacy to schedule (only if you do not have MyChart).
- Only immunizations that are covered under your prescription insurance benefit or covered under the Ryan White program can be provided.
As always, please reach out to us by calling our main clinic line at (608) 263-0946. We are happy to hear from you and we will work together to address questions, concerns or hear your feedback.