Ways to Track Your Weight-Loss Efforts
Tracking your efforts can help you see patterns in your eating and exercise. You can keep track of what you eat and your activity in lots of ways.
- Keep a diary.
- You can write daily entries about what you ate and your activity.
- Use a step counter.
- Step counters, also called pedometers, can help you see if you've reached your daily goal for steps.
- Use an app on your phone or tablet.
- There are many apps that can help you record what you eat and how many calories you take in. Many of the apps are free.
- Use a computer program.
- You might keep track using a spreadsheet or other program.
- Check out restaurant websites.
- Many restaurants list the nutritional content of their food—including calories—on their website.
Current as of: March 3, 2020
Author: Healthwise Staff
Heather Quinn MD - Family Medicine