Using Tracking to Support Your Activity Goals
Tracking your activity can help you see what you're doing well and where you could improve. Seeing your progress can inspire you to keep doing the things that are working well.
Many people use a fitness app to track their activity. Some can track your steps or other activity and estimate how many calories you burn. Many of the apps are free.
If you prefer, you can write down your activity in a notebook. Find what works best for you.
Here some ideas for things you can track.
- Your daily activity
- How long you did the activity
- Your short-term exercise goals
- Benefits you may feel from being active, like sleeping better or feeling less stressed
- How you've improved over time, such as your level of activity
- Barriers or challenges you've faced—and dealt with
- Other thoughts or feelings about being active
Current as of: March 3, 2020
Author: Healthwise Staff
Heather Quinn MD - Family Medicine