Give the Gift of Fitness this Holiday
Want to encourage a loved one to get healthy this season, or have a fitness buff on your list? UW Health Sports Medicine Fitness Center staff offer suggestions to help you find the gift that's just right.
Consider some of the following ideas, or let them inspire you to create your own:
• Gift certificate to an exercise facility or for a fitness class
• Yoga mat, block and strap
• Hand weights, foam rollers, and resistance bands
• Swim lessons or a pass to an indoor pool
• Water gear – fins, gloves, and swim suits
• Exercise clothing – great new fabrics and outfits. Update your loved one's look (Don't forget to check out our tips for finding good deals on workout clothes).
• Yaktraks or other products to reduce falls while walking/hiking outdoors
• Outdoor clothing and gear – there is no such thing as bad weather only poor clothing
• Gift card to a store that rents winter equipment (snow shoes or skis). Try something without a larger investment.
• Snow shoes, ice skates, or skis
• Ski trail passes
• Downhill ski lesson/lift pass package
• Bowling or golf equipment
• Golf lessons, golf classes or gift certificate to an indoor golf range
• Gift certificate to favorite athletic shoe store, aquatic store, golf store, or online store
• Activity trackers – pedometers, FitBit™, Nike Fuel™, sport watches
• Pay for the registration in a race/walk event – better yet, agree to do the event together
• Homemade "coupons" for an activity to do with your family – local torch light ski or snowshoe in a local park
Considering a Fitness Tracker or Wearable?
Find out what you should consider with these resources from UW Health Fitness Center experts:
UW Health Classes
Remember - you don't need to be a patient or a member of UW Health's Fitness Center to register for classes with UW Health's Fitness Center or UW Health at The American Center's Wellness Center.
Browse a list of available classes:
Date Published: 11/25/2015