Pharmacy Administrative Residency: Applying to the Program
Applicants should submit a standard application through the standard Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS) application the following information:
- A letter of intent/personal statement. The letter of intent should state your reasons for pursuing both the residency program and graduate study, what your research interests are and why you are prepared for a graduate level program.
- Three letters of recommendation using the "standardized form" within PhORCAS. We encourage reference writers to "individualize" their recommendation by taking advantage of the "brief program comments" text box. This is a free text area within the standardized form that allows reference writers to add up to 1,000 characters of additional information to the standardized form, if desired.
- A curriculum vitae (CV)
- No additional "supplemental information" is required through PhORCAS.
To do so, follow the steps below:
- Go to the PhORCAS portal page.
- If you have not created an account, select the "Create New Account" link and complete account registration.
- From the PhORCAS portal page, log in and complete the application process.
The application deadline for all residency programs is January 2, 2018.
Applying to the Graduate School
All applicants must also complete an online University of Wisconsin graduate school admission application. Bear in mind the following when completing the online application:
- 1A: First semester/year in which you wish to enroll should read Fall (yr): year in which you enroll; full time
- 1B: Select Pharmacy MS (call number MS 756 PHM) for Intended Major Field of Study
- The graduate school will also ask for a "letter of intent." You may use the same content of the letter of intent you completed for PhORCAS, but you will need to re-submit this information with the grad school application as well
- Provide the graduate school with three references. The graduate school will send a link to your reference writers that are specific to the graduate school.
- All applicants must also request and mail original transcripts from each higher education university attended to:
UW Health Department of Pharmacy
600 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53792