Infectious Diseases Pharmacy Residency: Meet Our Resident
The resident in the UW Health Infectious Diseases Residency will serve as an integral member of the multidisciplinary infectious diseases team.
Meet Our Resident: Ben Heikkinen, PharmD
- PGY1: Rush University Medical Center
- Pharmacy School: UW-Madison
- Residency Project: Evaluation of the Role of Ceftolozane-Tazobactam in the Treatment of Pseudomonas Infections at UW Health
- Career Interests: Antimicrobial Stewardship, Gram Negative Resistance, Opportunistic Infections
- Hobbies: Ice hockey, tennis, ultimate frisbee, everything Badgers
- Why UW? UW has one of the most advanced antimicrobial stewardship programs in the country, a strong presence in the research realm and a great connection with the school of pharmacy. I chose UW because I wanted to grow as a clinician, researcher, and preceptor.
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org