UW Health Athletic Training Residency
Applications will be accepted until midnight, Wednesday, March 1, 2019.
Qualifications and Application Materials
The UW Health Athletic Training Residency Program prepares the athletic trainer to be a complete and versatile health care provider within the orthopedic clinic setting.
- State of Wisconsin Athletic Training licensure or (application in process)
- NATA-BOC certification
- NPI Number
- Two years' experience as an athletic trainer is preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- CPR/AED Certification
Application Requirements and Selection Process
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Intent (including decision to pursue residency program and future career goals)
- Three (3) professional letters of recommendation
Qualified candidates must submit a formal electronic employment application located in the Careers section of the UW Health Careers website. All new applicants will be required to create a username and password. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Once complete applications are received:
- Select candidates will be contacted for a phone interview.
- Qualified candidates will then be selected for mandatory, on-site interviews.
- Candidates will be responsible for all travel costs to and from Madison, Wis.
- Once in Madison, all other accommodations (meals, hotel, transportation) will be provided by the UW Health Athletic Training Residency Program.
- Final decisions will be made by the end of April and all candidates will be contacted.
Residency Program Costs
- State of Wisconsin License
- Board of Certification (BOC) Maintenance Fees
- OTC Exam Registration (reimbursed after successful completion of exam)
- Travel from home to clinical sites
- Parking at select clinical locations
Scholarships are not offered as part of the UW Health Athletic Training Residency Program