GME Physician Training Verifications
Graduate Medical Education
2639 University Ave., Suite 201
Mail code 9920
Madison, WI 53705-3750
Office hours: 8am-4:30pm
To complete a physician residency or fellowship GME training verification:
- The University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics (UWHC) GME Office only verifies training dates for ACGME-accredited residency and fellowship programs. The GME Office does not verify completion or competency information. To verify training dates only, please scan your request on letterhead, along with a release signed by the physician and the name and dates of the specialty in which the physician trained, and email your request to email@example.com.
- To verify residency/fellowship completion or competency, contact the specific residency or fellowship training program. Individual programs are listed under GME Programs. Select the individual program contact information to access contact information.
- Requests for verifications of UW Family Medicine residencies can be requested by contacting the UW Family Medicine Program at (608) 263-6261.
- For verification of non-ACGME accredited fellowships, please contact the medical school department most closely associated with the program. Departments, Institutes and Centers are listed under the UW School of Medicine and Public Health website.
- For University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics (UWHC) medical staff verifications, please visit the National Association of Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) website
- For University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health Medical School (UW SMPH) MD education verifications, please visit the school's website