University Hospital Emergency Department Updates
To improve communication, workflows and partnership with EMS, University Hospital recently implemented some changes. We recognize your time is valuable, and we want to assist you as much as possible when bringing a patient to University Hospital Emergency Department.
EMS Arrival with Patient to our ED
- To improve communication during patient handoff, we will work to have the ED care team (RN/Physician/APP) in the room prior to patient arrival.
- You will now see an electronic board in the EMS entrance hallway that indicates which room the patient is being assigned to. This should prevent delays in waiting for verbal communication from a clinical team leader or other staff member.
EMS Linen Replacement
- If you arrive with a nonurgent transfer patient at the “old” UW Hospital ambulance entrance, you often had to drive around to the ED entrance to replace your linens after you brought the patient to their inpatient room. This is no longer the case. You can now restock your linens using the sheets/pillowcases located in the nurse servers in the inpatient areas.
- Linen replacements can still be found in the ED ambulance arrival hallway for the 911 patients, so that has not changed.
Newly Renovated EMS Breakroom
- We hope you get an opportunity to take a break, grab a snack, finish a report, and talk with ED staff after your call.
- In the EMS room there is a bulletin board to post department patches. If you would like, bring your department’s patch in and post it to the board!
Thank you for all you do every day to serve your patients, our communities and UW Health!