UW Health Community Relations Funding Requests
UW Health provides donations and sponsorships to community organizations focused on improving the health of our communities. Giving is prioritized to initiatives targeted at our identified community health needs assessment priority areas (pdf) and social determinants of health.
In general, UW Health follows these criteria for cash donations or sponsorships:
- The organization or event effectively addresses a community health priority or a key aspect of our mission.
- There are direct benefits to our patients and families.
- The organization supports research into a community health priority at our institution.
- Our employees are involved and supportive. The organization or event promotes employee and citizen volunteerism.
- The support positively affects public awareness of our community involvement and the issue or cause.
- We can support the organization or event at a level that makes a strategic difference to us and them.
- The organization or event provides direct benefit to our employees and communities.
- The gift advances our interests as a "corporate citizen" and major employer as well as health care provider.
- The organization or event cooperates rather than competes with similar organizations and strives to minimize duplication of services.
In general, UW Health applies the following eligibility criteria:
- Organizations must be non-profit organizations exempt from federal income taxes under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or governmental bodies.
- The organization must conduct business without discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status or disability.
- However, we will consider requests from such organizations when their activities fulfill our general criteria and do not discriminate or focus on content that discriminates. For example, we will consider requests from organizations of a religious nature if the support is focused on a non-religious aspect of their activity.
We do not provide sponsorships or contributions to the following:
- Political or fraternal organizations
- Organizations that provide no direct local or regional benefit
- UW Health events or activities
- University of Wisconsin activities and events. We direct our financial support through UW School of Medicine and Public Health and other health science schools
- Individuals or teams (unless part of event sponsorship or for one UW Health team)
- School-based competitions
- Third-party events. We prefer to contribute direct to the benefiting organization
- Requests not received in writing
Sponsorship and donation requests can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.