UW Health Pharmacy Technician Training Program
The UW Health Pharmacy Technician Training Program in Madison, Wisconsin, has been designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills to be successful in your career as a pharmacy technician. Our program is accredited through Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE).
Our philosophy is to learn in a classroom environment, practice through simulated labs, and do in actual patient-centered pharmacies.
There are already multiple career paths and advancements to choose from, as the role of the pharmacist continue to evolve, it continues to create more opportunities for the advancement of the pharmacy technician.
- November 1, 2017: Applications due
- November 2017: Interviews
- December 2017: Official notification of acceptance
- January 8, 2018: Class begins
- Applicants must be 18 years of age (or 17 with requirements)
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalency certificate
- Typical physical requirements: (Medium) Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting/and or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Technicians may be required to stand for long periods of time.
UW Health Pharmacy Technician Training Program Overview
The training program, located in our pharmacy-specific training center, is an 18-week program, including didactic/classroom time, lab time and experiential training.
Our program is designed to teach our students everything they need know in order to be a skilled pharmacy technician.