Turkey Wonton Cups
This Turkey Wonton Cups recipe won third place in the Main Dishes category in the Heart Smart Recipe Contest at UW Health's Heart Fair 2007.
Chef: Jane Miller
- 20 oz. lean ground turkey (Italian seasoned)
- 1 cup chopped pepper (red, green or yellow or a combo)
- 4 oz. reduced fat shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 4 oz. reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup Hidden Valley Reduced-Calorie Original Ranch Dressing
- 1 pkg. wonton wrappers
- To make wonton cup, use a regular-sized muffin tin sprayed with Pam, press one wonton wrapper per each muffin cup. Bake at 350 for 5-6 min. Cool and remove. These can be made ahead. To make filling, sauté peppers and cook ground turkey, (add Italian spices if meat isn't already seasoned), salt and pepper as necessary. When cool, add dressing and cheese. Place a generous teaspoon of filling in each wonton cup. Bake at 350 for 5-6 minutes.
Total Fat: 1.5 gm
Saturated Fat: 0 gm
Cholesterol: 10 mg
Sodium: 105 mg
Carbohydrate: 5 gm
Fiber: 0 gm