Couscous Berry Salad
This heart-healthy recipe incorporates foods that help reduce inflammation and promote heart health.
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked whole-wheat couscous
- 1 cup chopped nectarine
- 1 cup mixed fresh berries, such as blueberries and raspberries
- 1 Tablespoons toasted sliced almonds (Almonds can be substitute with walnuts, pine nuts or hazelnuts)
- Whisk oil, orange juice, vinegar, shallots, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add cooked couscous, nectarines, berries and almonds; gently toss to combine.
*Note: To toast sliced almonds, heat a small dry skillet over medium-low heat. Add nuts and cook, stirring, until lightly browned and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
Total fat: 7g
Saturated fat: 2g