UW Health Gender Services helps transgender, gender expansive and non-binary adults access and obtain the highest quality gender affirming medical care.
For vaginoplasty and top surgery, patients have the option of shared medical appointments for initial consultation. This option is only available at the 20 S. Park Clinic. Shared medical appointments consist of a one-on-one physician consultation followed by a group education and counseling session. Patients report high satisfaction with this format as they may learn from other patients' questions and have more face time with the provider overall. Your privacy will be preserved with a private examination and discussion of your health history. This style of appointment is meant to enhance the education and comfort of patients by providing peer support.
UW Health experts provide several gender-affirming surgeries. Follow these links to learn more about the surgeries and how to schedule an appointment:
- Breast Augmentation: surgery to increase breast size
- Facial Feminization: a series of surgeries to feminize facial features
- Hysterectomy, oophorectomy, vaginectomy: surgery to remove uterus, ovaries and vagina
- Orchiectomy: surgery to remove the testicles.
- Phalloplasty and scrotoplasty: surgery to create a penis and scrotum
- “Trach shave” (Thyroid cartilage reduction, chondrolaryngoplasty): surgery to reduce the size of the Adam's apple on the neck
- Top Surgery/Gender Mastectomy: surgery to remove breasts and create a more masculine-appearing chest
- Vaginoplasty: surgery to create a vagina, labia and clitoris
- Voice/Pitch Surgery: surgery to change voice pitch
- Zero Depth Vaginoplasty: surgery to create a clitoris and labia, without a vagina