UW Health Optical Shops
UW Health Eye Clinics are the ideal solution for your complete eye care needs.
In addition to the professional, comprehensive eye care services we provide, UW Health Optical offers a wide selection of competitively priced frames and lenses conveniently located at each eye clinic.
Whether you are looking for prescription glasses, sunglasses, contact lenses, specialty lenses or sport/safety goggles, UW Health Optical can turn your vision prescription into the perfect eyewear fit for you. Our board-certified opticians are part of UW Health's eye care team and work with your doctor to ensure you achieve the best possible vision with your new eyewear. They will help you find the right shape, style and colors that are best matched for you.
Optical Shop Locations and Hours
We carry a large variety of frames; designer, new trends, popular styles and brand names such as Adidas, Banana Republic, BCBG, Callaway, Flexon, Gucci, Juicy Couture, Kate Spade, Marc Jacobs, Maui Jim, Nike, Silhouette, Tommy Hilfiger and many more.
We offer high quality, digitally crafted leading brands and specialty lenses, including Crizal®, Transitions®, Varilux® and more.
We offer all disposable, RGP and specialty lenses at competitive prices. Most are also available to order online.
UW Health optical shops offer free fitting for eyewear you've purchased online, no matter where you bought your eyeglasses.
UW Health Optical Packages and Special Sales
We offer a variety of specials including value packages, premium packages, insurance discounts, multiple pair discounts, spring and fall trunk show specials and more.
- Value packages starting at $110 for a complete pair ($125 for bifocal and $225 for no-line progressives)
- Ask about our second pair 50% off lenses discount
- Sport and swim goggle packages available
- A one-year warranty is included on all frames and lenses
We also carry eyewear options for children starting at $130 for a complete pair, with all of the service guarantees as listed below. These eyewear options are available to those 17 years old or younger.
- Frames up $100
- Digital or Traditional SV lenses
- Polycarbonate or Trivex lenses (100% UV protection and two-sided, scratch-resistant coating)
- Two-year frame and lens warranty (from original order date)
- And a free collapsible water bottle
Or ... Choose any brand frame and children ages 17 and under will receive 30% off the complete pair, as well as any other add-ons
UW Health Optical No-Risk Guarantee
Prescription: Your new glasses are guaranteed to be made accurately according to the prescription provided to you by your eye doctor. If your doctor needs to make adjustments to your prescription, we will remake your lenses for you at no additional charge up to 90 days (6 months for post cataract patients) from your original exam date.
Frame and lenses: Your new glasses have a 1-year warranty from the date your order is placed. If your frame or lenses are defective or become damaged within the warranty period, we will replace it, once, at no charge. Original frame and /or lenses must be surrendered at time of exchange. This guarantee does not cover loss or abuse.
Service: We will provide frame adjustments and minor repairs including screw and nose pad replacement for the life of your new glasses.
Refunds: Any refunds or exchanges available within 30 days from date of your order.
Helpful Information About Children's Eyes
Did you know ...
- 80% of learning in a child's first 12 years comes through the eyes.
- A child's developing eye is more vulnerable to UV damage.
- Vision screenings can miss up to 60% of serious problems that an eye exam can catch.
- Worldwide, approximately more than 12 million children ages 5-15 are visually impaired due to uncorrected refractive errors.
Recognize the signs that could mean your child needs vision correction:
- Trouble seeing up close or reading the board
- Poor grades
- Watery eyes
- Excessive blinking or rubbing of the eyes
Eyeglass Care Tips
The proper way to clean your eyeglasses is to spray the lenses with eyeglass lens cleaner and gently wipe them dry using a soft cotton or microfiber cloth. If your lenses are exceptionally dirty, rinse them under cool water before spraying with eyeglass lens cleaner. Do not use any paper products to dry or clean your lenses. Do not use household cleaners as they contain harsh chemicals that can harm your eyeglass lenses.