Aquatic Center Family Swim Guidelines
Family Swim is a designated time for Fitness Center members to bring their family members to enjoy the Aquatic Center. Please be aware that the pool is open for members at this time, as well.
Family Swim Hours: Fridays 6:00-7:30 pm
- Family Swim is for Fitness Center members and their immediate family (spouses, children and grandchildren). Any questions about family member eligibility should be directed to the Aquatics supervisors.
- Because Family Swim caters to families, appropriate swim diapers (specifically made for aquatic settings) are allowed for children who are not toilet-trained. Swim diapers made for the aquatic environment are proven to be extremely safe and highly effective in preventing contamination.
- The UWHC Aquatic Center staff reserve the right to determine if the diaper is appropriate for aquatic settings. Our top priority is the safety and well being of our pool patrons. Suggested swim diapers include Huggies Little Swimmers, available anywhere diapers are sold, or reusable swim diapers purchasable on the internet or swim stores. Please ask the lifeguard for a complete listing of appropriate swim diapers.
- Playing/standing on lane lines, ladders, railings or starting blocks is not allowed. Diving is only allowed from the deck in the lap pool on the deep side of the pool. Please refrain from using the starting blocks.
- Children may be asked to swim 25 yards before they are allowed into areas of the pool where they cannot touch the bottom. Children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times. One adult is required to directly supervise every two children who are unable to pass the 25-yard swim test.
- All patrons must walk on the pool deck and ramps at all times.
- Playing on the hydraulic lift chair in the warm water pool is not allowed.
- Family swim participants may only use water noodles, balls and diving sticks. No water wings or large inflatable objects are allowed.
- Lanes 1 and 2 will be reserved for lap swimming and Lanes 3, 4 and 5 will be open for Family Swim. The warm water pool is open for Family Swim as well as member usage. Please be considerate of those sharing the pool with you.
- Family Swim time is the only time approved for submerging the head in the warm water pool. For example, it is appropriate for a child to retrieve a diving stick in the warm water pool.
- Young children, age 5 or younger, may accompany their parents into an opposite-gender locker room. Children over the age of five need to use the gender appropriate locker room.
- The Aquatic Center staff has final authority regarding safety policies and rules in the Aquatic Center.