Ketogenic Diet Recipes: Green Bean Casserole
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 1/3 lb. bacon (6 slices)
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ¾ cup unsalted chicken stock
- ¾ tsp. coarse salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup pork rinds, crushed
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. coarse salt
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease an 8x8 pan with cooking spray.
- In a stock pot, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add green beans, cover with a lid, and allow to cook about 10 minutes, until green beans are tender.
- Heat skillet to medium-high. Add bacon and cook 7-8 minutes, flipping once, until crispy. Remove.
- In the same skillet, add onion. Saute 3-4 minutes, until tender. Add garlic and saute 30-60 seconds, until fragrant. Whisk in white wine vinegar, parsley and lemon zest. Whisk in cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Worcestershire and Dijon until incorporated. Whisk in chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Allow to thicken for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once green beans are cooked, stir them into the pan with the sauce. Mix to combine. Transfer to the 8x8 pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together pork rinds, garlic powder, salt and olive. Distribute topping on the green bean mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until topping is crispy.
Makes 16 servings
Nutrition Facts: 2.0 gm carbohydrate per serving