Ketogenic Diet Recipes: Cranberry Sauce
- 12 oz bag fresh cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp unflavored gelatin powder
- ½ cup powdered erythritol
- 25 drops liquid Stevia (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp Xanthan gum dissolved in ¼ cup water (optional)
- Combine cranberries, water and gelatin in a saucepan. Turn heat on to medium.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Add the erythritol and stir until it dissolves.
- Keep simmering until the berries pop.
- Taste, and add liquid Stevia to adjust sweetness to your preference.
- Remove from heat.
Optional: mix ¼ tsp xanthan gum in ¼ cup water. Use immersion blender until combined and smooth. Stir into cranberry sauce to create a more gelatinous consistency.
Makes 16 servings (2 ½ TBS each)
Nutrition Facts: 1.8 gm carbohydrate per serving