Ketogenic Diet Recipes: "Cornbread" Stuffing
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ tsp. coarse salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk (not canned)
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 ½ cups diced celery
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 ½ tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp. dried sage
- 1 lb. ground sausage or bacon (review label for carb information)
- 5 cups diced “cornbread” (from above)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cups chicken broth
- ¾ tsp. coarse salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To make cornbread: In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until very smooth. Grease a small bread pan and fill about â?? of the way full with batter. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Place on a wire rack to cool. Cut into bite-sized cubes.
- To make stuffing: Heat olive oil to medium-high heat. Add onion, celery and mushrooms and cook 3-4 minutes, until soft. Add poultry seasoning and ground sage and stir. Add sausage/bacon and cook 4-5 minutes, until browned, breaking it up into pieces with the spatula.
- Place cornbread cubes in a large bowl and stir in sausage/bacon mixture, eggs, chicken broth and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake 45-50 minutes, until top is browned.
Serves 12 (~1 cup per serving)
Nutrition Facts: 2.6 gm carbohydrate per serving