Ketogenic Diet Recipes: 'Cornbread' Muffins
Jalapeno "Cornbread" Muffins
- ½ cup + 1 Tbsp. almond flour
- 3 Tbsp. coconut flour
- ¼ tsp. coarse salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup powdered erythritol
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup chopped/diced jalapeno
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, salt and baking powder.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together coconut oil, erythritol, egg and egg yolk until combined. Whisk in almond milk. Pour wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and use a spatula to stir just until combined. Fold in jalapeno and cheese.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups and bake 20-22 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
Makes 10 (1.5 gm carb/muffin)
Cranberry "Cornbread" Muffins
- Substitute ½ cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries in place of jalapeno
- Makes 10 (2.1 gm carb/muffin)
Cheese "Cornbread" Muffins
- Substitute ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese in place of jalapeno
- Makes 10 (1.6 gm carb/muffin)