Ketogenic Diet Recipes: Cloud Bread
- 3 large eggs, separated
- ¼ tsp. cream of tartar
- 2 oz. cream cheese, very soft
- 1 Tbsp. erythritol (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar together until stiff peaks form.
- Mix egg yolks, cream cheese and erythritol together in a separate, medium bowl using a wooden spoon and then hand held mixer until very smooth without visible cream cheese.
- Gently fold egg whites into cream cheese mixture, taking care to not deflate the egg whites.
- Carefully scoop mixture onto prepared baking sheet, forming 6 “buns”.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until browned.
Nutrition Facts: 1.6 gm net carbohydrate per serving
- Ensure egg whites are completely separated from the yolks. If there is any yolk, the whites will not form peaks/incorporate air.
- Buns may brown early in baking; ensure they are cooked through before removing from oven. Otherwise they might taste “eggy.”
- Slice lengthwise and use as a low-carb bun for hamburgers/cheeseburgers.